Re: [O] current status of citation syntax discussion

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] current status of citation syntax discussion
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 21:51:12 +0200

Matt Price <address@hidden> writes:

> Am just wondering what the current status is of the work that was being
> done earlier this year on improved citation support in org.  Has an
> official syntax been settled on?

AFAIK: No.  Some people wanted something like [cite/type: pre @key post].
Some people wanted additional key-value support, something like
[cite: pre @key post]{:key val}.  Some people wanted @key
to be able to contain arbitrary characters such as punctuation.

> Are there blessed citation managers and export solutions?

ox-bibtex supports \cite{key} and I think [[cite:key]].

> I would like to figure out a personal system over the summer, and would
> prefer to adhere to whatever stand(s) others have settled on.

There's about as many systems as there are org users.  I use
[[citetype: pre @key post]].

Rasmus

--
May the Force be with you