Re: [O] Fwd: Patch - Org Mac Outlook - Fix Call to Outlook in some cases

From: Mike McLean
Subject: Re: [O] Fwd: Patch - Org Mac Outlook - Fix Call to Outlook in some cases
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 16:20:30 -0400

Here is a version of the patch with a (hopefully) correct Changelog format

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 5:27 PM, Mike McLean <address@hidden> wrote:
@Rasmus - I created the first version of Org Mac Outlook and at the time didn't have an active virtual running so didn't notice the difference.

Commit ff771c5c7eab5c4d4a60e9f1270319758961338d
Author:     Mike McLean <address@hidden>
AuthorDate: Sat Sep 7 16:29:40 2013 -0400
Commit:     Carsten Dominik <address@hidden>
CommitDate: Sun Sep 8 07:56:30 2013 +0200

    Add Microsoft Outlook Support to org-mac-link

@Alan - It does make a different if you have "Microsoft Outlook" as a shortcut into a Windows virtual that has been exported/exposed to the Mac OS via something like the Parallels “Windows apps added to Launchpad” feature. “Microsoft Outlook” may try to launch the Windows Virtual “Microsoft Outlook.app” will force the OS X native version.

On 2015-04-09 15:59, Mike McLean <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello - I just noticed that this patch does not seem to have been applied. Is
> there a problem with it?

I'd be happy to apply it. I have a question about it:

> The AppleScript commands may try to select the WinTel version of "Microsoft
> Outlook". This—obviously—doesn’t work. By adding the Mac ~.app~ file
> extension, we reduce this confusion and more reliably call the Macintosh
> version of Outlook.

I tried this AppleScript
#+begin_src applescript
tell application "Mail.app"
  activate
end tell
#+end_src

and as I ran it it got normalized to
#+begin_src applescript
tell application "Mail"
  activate
end tell
#+end_src

Does the ".app" suffix really make a difference?

Best,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7