Re: [O] [Bug] ~Verbatim~ in headlines breaks LaTeX

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [Bug] ~Verbatim~ in headlines breaks LaTeX
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 09:28:12 +0200

Titus von der Malsburg <address@hidden> writes:

> Thee can be handled by protectedtexttt.  The obvious questions is of
> course: Wouldn’t it be more consistent to handle all instances of ~code~
> using protectedtexttt?

One option would be indeed to remove \verb altogether. Note that it is
also used in inline source blocks.

However, I assume \verb put less limitations than \texttt on its
contents, so I'd rather keep \verb around.

> And if you want to support the use of \verb at all, shouldn’t that be
> done via =verbatim= not ~code~?

I fail to see how it would solve the problem at hand. It would simply
move it elsewhere.

My question is how to handle \verb at the LaTeX level, not at the Org
one.

>>> These two did not produce the intended results (sub and super script
>>> don’t work) but the LaTeX is not malformed:
>>>
>>>     test^~test~
>>>     test_~test~
>
> This really seems to be an independent issue (because test^*test*
> doesn’t work either)

Actually, I just realized this is not valid syntax for sub/superscript
in Org anyway. It should be

  test^{~test~}

Regards,