Re: [O] orgmode to markdown

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] orgmode to markdown
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 00:12:09 +0200

Hello,

flow <address@hidden> writes:

> I would like to ask you about how org-mode exports title and headlines
> to markdow
>
> org-mode to markdown doesn't export title as md heading one # and
> org-mode heading one as heading one but heading two
>
> I think it should work as org-mode to html:
>
>     org-mode title to md heading one #
>     org-mode heading one * to md heading two (##)
>
> What do you think about it?

"ox-md" supports Setext-type headlines, which are limited to 2 levels.
Using a title as the first level leaves only one level for regular
headlines.

Also, it doesn't solve the problem of author, date and email, which do
not appear either in the output. I think they are part of the same
problem: (vanilla) markdown has no real support for meta-data.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou