Re: [O] [Bug] ~Verbatim~ in headlines breaks LaTeX

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [Bug] ~Verbatim~ in headlines breaks LaTeX
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 10:40:04 +0200

Titus von der Malsburg <address@hidden> writes:

> Huh, ~code~ is translated to \verb and =verbatim= is translated to
> \texttt (plus escaping of some special characters)?

Correct.

> If \verb is used at all, shouldn’t it be generated by =verbatim=
> instead of by ~code~?

Why is that? Because \verb reminds =verbatim=? Really, both "code" and
"verbatim" syntax produces verbatim contents. Therefore both are
eligible for "\verb".

Anyway, you can customize `org-latex-text-markup-alist' to your liking.

>> Note that we could do better anyway and switch command depending on
>> context.
>
> Yes, I suppose anything is better than producing malformed LaTeX.

Could you give the list of all contexts requiring such a switch, and
what the result should be in each case?

Thank you.

Regards,