Re: [O] org-use-property-inheritance not working?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] org-use-property-inheritance not working?
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 00:21:47 +0200

Hello,

"Charles C. Berry" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, 29 May 2015, Rainer M Krug wrote:
>>
>> Is this to be expected? I always thought, that the properties are
>> hierarchical, and that the ones from the lower levels / headers are used
>> as well?
>>

> I would have thought this, too.

Property inheritance doesn't work that way.

It only means that it will look higher in the hierarchy if current entry
doesn't have the property you want. This is explained in
`org-entry-get-with-inheritance' docstring:

  "Get PROPERTY of entry or content at point, search higher levels if needed.
   The search will stop at the first ancestor which has the property
   defined."

Here, current entry has the property, so it ignores the one above.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou