Re: [O] [RFC] Org linting library

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Org linting library
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 18:24:28 +0200

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> Two more questions:
>
> I get the following warnings:
>
> ,----
> |     10 low   Unknown OPTIONS item "@"
> |     11 low   Unknown OPTIONS item "skip"
> |     11 low   Unknown OPTIONS item "LaTeX"
> |     11 low   Unknown OPTIONS item "TeX"
> `----
>
> based on the following lines:
>
> ,----
> `----
>
> The file is not that old - but have these options changed?

These options do not do anything. "@" and "skip" have no equivalent.
"TeX" and "LaTeX" are now "tex". See (info "(org) Export settings").

> and I get
>
> ,----
> |   1821 low   Orphaned affiliated keyword: "RESULTS"
> `----
>
> caused by an orphaned
>
> ,----
> | #+RESULTS:
> `----
>
> But these are created by evaluating a code block which produced no
> results - so they are a valid part of the document?

Correct. Note however the "low" trust on this check. It's just
a heads-up. Anyway I remove such reports for RESULTS in wip-lint.

> And an error:
>
> I get, in the same document I got the other errors, the following error:
>
> ,----
> | Org linting process starting...
> | org-split-string: Wrong type argument: stringp, 292
> `----
>
> The backtrace is huge - how can I produce a usable backtrace?

Usually, only the last top-level function call is useful.

It would be better to provide an ECM, tho. The error comes from Babel
header check. Does "292" ring a bell in a #+HEADER: line?

Regards,