Re: [O] [bug, org-table] new hline doesn't update formula

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [bug, org-table] new hline doesn't update formula
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 09:34:55 +0200

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Consider this example:
>>>
>>> |---+---+---|
>>> | a | b | c |
>>> | d | e | f |
>>> |---+---+---|
>>> | 1 | 2 | 3 |
>>> | 4 | 5 | 6 |
>>> |---+---+---|
>>> | 5 | 7 | 9 |
>>> #+TBLFM: @5=vsum(@address@hidden)

[...]

>> What should happen to the formula if hline is inserted between |1|2|3|
>> and |4|5|6|?
>
> Good question.  I'm not sure.  While not necessarily the most obvious I
> think in that case the formula should be unchanged.  But it's not
> obvious.

Another tricky example

  |  1 |
  |----|
  |  2 |
  |  3 |
  |  4 |
  |----|
  |  5 |
  |----|
  | 14 |
  #+TBLFM: @6=vsum(@address@hidden)

What if we insert a hline between |3| and |4|?

I assume it should become "@address@hidden". Yet, the difference between it
and the case before is subtle, and hard to explain.

That leads me to the next question: should we really mess with this?

Regards,