Re: [O] [bug] TODO [/] cookie not updating if list has inline task

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] TODO [/] cookie not updating if list has inline task
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 20:28:15 +0100

On Sunday, 17 May 2015 at 20:51, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

[...]

> Anyway, we could fix it in another way. Eric's example,
>
>   - [ ] the first task
>
>   *************** This is something to note
>   *************** END
>
>   - [ ] another list of tasks
>
> is misleading because it's really the same list, i.e., inlinetasks are
> allowed in items, so "This is something to note" belongs to "the first
> task".

I'm not sure I understand what is misleading about the above?  The note
is indeed intended to belong to the first item on the list.

> So, our option is to simply dis-allow inlinetasks in plain lists. That
> would also solve the issue.

I wouldn't be too keen on this option at the moment.  I use inline tasks
in lists all the time.

However, we are starting to see that inline tasks are indeed a bit of
kludge and impact on org structures significantly so maybe we can remove
this capability once inline annotations, as discussed in another thread,
are implemented?

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-1147-g0e5069