Re: [O] org-babel for prolog

From: Lawrence Bottorff
Subject: Re: [O] org-babel for prolog
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 09:31:25 -0400

No worries. I can wait. Thanks again for your efforts.

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Bjarte Johansen <address@hidden> wrote:

On 16 May 2015, at 15:00, Lawrence Bottorff <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm just a Prolog beginner, but this:

#+begin_src prolog
edge(a,b).
edge(a,e).
edge(b,d).
edge(b,c).
edge(c,a).
edge(e,b).
tedge(Node1,Node2) :-
        edge(Node1,SomeNode),
        edge(SomeNode,Node2).
#+end_src

keeps giving me this:

executing Prolog code block...
executing Prolog source code block
org-babel-execute:prolog: Wrong type argument: char-or-string-p, ni

Thank you for reporting a bug. I think I see what the problem is. You haven't defined a goal for the source block and ob-prolog doesn't guard for that. It should be easy to fix, but I am not sure if I will be able to do that before next week. If you want you can try to fix it yourself and send a PR on GitHub or a patch here.

BTW, should it be

(eval-after-load 'org
  '(require 'ob-prolog))

or

(eval-after-load "org"
  '(require 'ob-prolog))

. . . org in quotes?

I think both should work. I can't check right now as I only have my phone with me right now.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 5:03 PM, Bjarte Johansen <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 14 May 2015, at 20:22, Puneeth Chaganti <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 11:41 PM, Lawrence Bottorff <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Confused by the requirement:
>>
>> ;; To activate ob-prolog add the following to your init.el file:
>> ;;
>> ;;  (eval-after-load 'org
>> ;;    '(require 'org-prolog))
>

> I'm guessing its a typo and should be ob-prolog. The file provides ob-prolog.

Yes, I typed it wrong. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I also discovered that it is better to use `org-babel-do-load-languages’ instead as well. I will change the recommendation tomorrow.

Regards,
Bjarte