Re: [O] ob-rec.el

From: Charles Millar
Subject: Re: [O] ob-rec.el
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 07:05:56 -0400

On 05/15/2015 11:07 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
Charles Millar <address@hidden> writes:

It appears that ob-rec.el is in org-mode - somewhere - because when I
evaluate

#+begin_src rec :data Testrec2.rec

#+end_src

the output in the is

no org-babel execute function for rec

However once I add (rec . t) to my org-babel-load-languages and restart
emacs and then evaluate the block, etc.

#+begin_src rec :data Testrec2.rec

#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
| %Bar        | %Baz        |
|--------------+---    --------|
| entrybar1 | entrybaz1 |
| entrybar2 | entrybaz2 |

So first question - where is ob-rec.el in org-mode?

M-x locate-library RET ob-rec RET

In my case, ob-rec was not present (but see below).

Second - should rec-utils be added as a supported language or should
some reference be made so that users know to add (rec . t) to their
org-babel-load-languages, if so desired?

I downloaded recutils-1.7.tar.gz from http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/recutils/
and, after unpacking it, found rec-mode.el and ob-rec.el in the etc/
subdirectory of the unpacked tarball.

Thanks Nick. For me it ob-rec.el is hiding in plain sight - it is in my emacs/site-lisp directory by itself since I unpacked the tarball in that directory.Per your instruction, I used M-x locate-library and there it was and is.

Maybe you can add a pointer to where to get it (and a few words about
what it does) to

    http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.html

on Worg. N.B. the language should be "rec", not "rec-utils".

I would like to give it a shot however I believe that Jose Marchesi the person for this.

Charlie