[O] org-babel R ascii results: unable to export table

From: Marco Barbàra
Subject: [O] org-babel R ascii results: unable to export table
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 13:32:38 +0200

Dear org-mode community,

First, I want to apologize for subscribing mainly because I need help.

I recently started using org-mode as a tool for reproducible research
(trying to do R-based literate programming).

What I'm trying to is explained in this example file:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/examples/ascii.org
which I downloaded trying to understand how to export R output produced
with the R 'ascii' package.

Running this example, after adding ":exports results" to
"ascii-example3" block, _on the first attempt_, the output was exported
as an odt table (i was happy, this is my desired outcome). But
afterwards, any subsequent attempts to export the same block resulted in
a "verbatim" block, which is the same problem I was trying to solve.

I tried to export as a latex buffer too, and even there i got a verbatim
environment.

I don't think it is bug, it is probably that I still don't understand
org-babel well.

Sorry not to provide any other sample code, but I wouldn't know where
to begin.

Any advice would be very appreciated.

Thank you very much

Marco Barbara