Re: [O] [Bug?] Link fontification in captions

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [Bug?] Link fontification in captions
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 00:23:31 +0200

Hello,

Jacob Gerlach <address@hidden> writes:

> A link in a caption:
>
> #+CAPTION: [[link]]
>
> Initially receives org-link face when I type it.

I cannot reproduce this.

> After some action (moving to the next line or saving the buffer), it
> is redrawn with org-block face.

I can't remember why it is `org-block' instead of `org-meta-line', like
#+caption.

> In neither case does [[ and ]] receive the invisibility attribute typically
> given to links.

This is done on purpose, actually.

> In both cases, it receives the typical overlay when moused-over. It also
> exports correctly, which is what I really care about.
>
> Could links in captions be given the same treatment as in the rest of the
> buffer?

This is quite tricky. Meta line face overrides link face. Underlining
disappears. If link becomes invisible you cannot distinguish it anymore
from regular text.

As a safety measure, links are displayed in full.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou