Re: [O] BUG: org-block face not working

From: Michal Koval
Subject: Re: [O] BUG: org-block face not working
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 17:41:06 +0200

On 04/29/15 12:26 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Michal Koval <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I see `(defface org-block' in org-faces.el and I see it used it in org.el
>> `org-fontify-meta-lines-and-blocks-1' where the bug probably is.
>
> `org-block' face is used for verbatim blocks (e.g, example block) and
> src blocks without a language specified. If language is specified,
> fontification mechanism is done with `org-src-font-lock-fontify-block',
> which doesn't use `org-block' face.
>
> It was already the case in maint.

I have just tried the latest maint version and it works as I described
in my first mail. The background specified in `org-block' is applied to
the language named begin_src blocks, too. The language specific
fontification of the foreground faces is applied as well. I really like
the feature.

In the master branch it works only for unnamed begin_src blocks (and
quote, verbatim, and example).

I like the behavior of the maint better, but in case that `org-block'
was really meant to apply only to unnamed src blocks + quote, verbatim
and example, please change the documentation string of the `org-block'
from "Face text in #+begin ... #+end blocks." to something more
descriptive.

Is it possible to change the background of the src blocks in a different
way?

Thank you,
best regards,

Michal