Re: [O] custom agenda view not possible?

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] custom agenda view not possible?
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 13:36:19 +0200

Hello,

On 2015-04-27 04:21, Traycer Bullet <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm transitioning from a web-based to-do list, and one thing I rely on is
> viewing recently CREATED or CLOSED tasks, e.g. within the last 2 days. My hope
> is to recreate this with a custom agenda view, but I haven't been able to find
> the correct commands/filters. Keeping in mind I'm new to Emacs/Lisp/OrgMode,
> here's what I've tried so far (for just the CLOSED example):
>
> This doesn't work because tags-todo excludes 'DONE' status tasks:
> (add-to-list 'org-agenda-custom-commands
> '("J" "Completed Recently" tags-todo "CLOSED>=\"<-2d>\""))
>
> This doesn't work because the org-agenda-tag-filter-preset only works for
> tags:
> (add-to-list 'org-agenda-custom-commands
> '("J" "Completed Recently" todo "DONE"
> ((org-agenda-tag-filter-preset '("+CLOSED>=\"<-2d>\"")))))
>
> Regarding the desired CREATED agenda view, I use a script to add a CREATED
> timestamp as property to each task (see:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12262220/add-created-date-property-to-todos-in-org-mode
>  ),
> so a task will look something like this:
>
> TODO New task for today
> :PROPERTIES:
> :CREATED: [2015-04-13 Mon 17:57]
> :END:
>
> There is no agenda filtering preset options for Properties (only
> tags/category/regexp), which is the only way I could think of to do the
> necessary date comparisons (e.g. <-2d>).
>
> The task seems simple, so I'm hopeful I'm overlooking some way of
> accomplishing it.

I think the simplest approach would be to write a predicate and use it
with `org-agenda-skip-function'. I do this in my org-review package, see
https://github.com/brabalan/org-review/blob/master/org-review.el#L230
for an example of a function to use, and
https://github.com/brabalan/org-review/blob/master/org-review.el#L153
for the predicate it relies on (this also shows how to get properties
values and to time comparison).

Best,

Alan

--