Re: [O] [bug, ox-latex] footnotes with math in narrowed buffer

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [bug, ox-latex] footnotes with math in narrowed buffer
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 22:41:26 +0200

Hi,

>>> * h1
>>> foo[fn:1]
>>>
>>> * Footnotes
>>> [fn:1] if \alpha $\beta$ \(\gamma\)
>>>
>>> Narrow it to h1 and export the buffer.  Something like this is exported:
>>
>> This also does not seem to work correctly when exporting with ox-html.
>> But there the problem is that the parse-tree does not recognize any
>> latex-fragments.  So org-html--build-mathjax-config returns nil rather
>> than the appropriate mathjax setup.
>
> `org-html--build-mathjax-config' needs to check, in addition to parse
> tree, cdr of all associations in (plist-get
> info :footnote-definition-alist), and values of all parsed keywords.

It seems you did not do this.  I will add this over the weekend.

>> BTW: While it's nice to try to make a sensible decision on whether to load
>> mathjax, this rest of pretty fragile assumptions.  I could INCLUDE a html
>> file with math.
>
> What do you suggest instead? Load mathjax every time?

Perhaps.  It's a tough call.  On the one hand the current behavior very
much seems like the famous "smart" can of worms.  On the other hand,
unnecessary JS should be avoided at very high costs.

Perhaps it's enough to check is mathjax or latex math has been explicitly
set for these corner cases.

—Rasmus

--
Hvor meget poesi tror De kommer ud af et glas isvand?