Re: [O] Bug: HTML export ignoring CUSTOM_ID properties

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: HTML export ignoring CUSTOM_ID properties
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 21:21:29 +0200

Daniel Clemente <address@hidden> writes:

> While the two systems work, I don't see either why the #orgheadline129
> system is better than the #sec-1-4-3-1-2.

Actually is is better because it is consistent. "sec-1-4-3-1-2" is
almost as fragile and doesn't play nice with unnumbered headlines.

However, this is not the reason why this change was introduced.
I explained it already.

> Not important enough to justify a breaking change either.

This is not really a breaking change. AFAIK, "sec-x.x.x" labelling was
never made public. However, you can use CUSTOM_ID to enforce some label
and then refer to it.

> IDs are not only internal. CSS knows about it, JS too, and URLs can be
> built and shared through the web that include org IDs
> (myweb.com/somedoc.html#someid).

ID not specified by the user are internal. "sec-x-x" is an internal
scheme. You can still use CUSTOM_ID for that.

Of course, it is also possible to add an anchor with id "sec-x-x" to
numbered headlines only (maybe as an opt-in so newcomers can at least
read about it). However, I suspect that a filter can do as well.

Regards,