Re: [O] Publishing on Worg succeeds or fails? -- I can't say!

From: Fabrice Niessen
Subject: Re: [O] Publishing on Worg succeeds or fails? -- I can't say!
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 21:46:10 +0200

Hello,

Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Fabrice Niessen writes:
>
>> I tried to add a section on Worg (about the ReadTheOrg HTML theme).
>> The Git commit was successfull, the Git push (for which I do have
>> access on Worg) ended with an error code of 0 (hence, successfully?),
>> but it's not visible on Worg!
>
> The push succeeded, i.e., the ".org" file is probably up to date on
> the server.  However the publishing process failed.

Could that be stated clearly in the output?

>> remote: Unknown cross-reference
>> "#field-coordinates-in-formulas-transpose-table" in file "org-hacks.org"
>> remote: Unknown cross-reference "#transpose-table" in file "org-hacks.org"
>> remote: Unable to resolve link "org-capture"
>> remote: worg publish process 24723 exited at 04/22/address@hidden:35:28
>> To address@hidden:worg.git
>>    4103052..2015bcd  master -> master
>> $
>>
>> It seems there are warnings or errors, but the status is not clear (to
>> me).
>
> "org-hacks.org" has some invalid links, which result in an export
> error.  You may want to fix them and republish (try to export locally
> first).

The thing is that I did not touch those links, as you can see in my
commit. So, somehow, Org became more strict. And the fact that that file
wasn't modified for some time means it wasn't re-exported for the same
period; hence, the problem was never found -- until someone modifies
whatever in the file...

IOW, shouldn't all files be published each time, to spot such problems
as soon as they become problems (because of syntax changes, for
example), instead of being much later, whenever the file is changed (if
it ever is)?

> I implemented a tool that may help you in the process. See
> <http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/97082>

OK, I'll see whether it can help.

Thanks,
Fabrice