Re: [O] Resolving conflicts with ediff and folding

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Resolving conflicts with ediff and folding
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 18:00:10 -0700

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015, Suvayu Ali wrote:

Hi,

Something that has been bugging me for many years now, everytime I
resolve conflicts in Org files with ediff, it's a pain.  All the buffers
keep folding the outlines, hiding the conflicts.  I keep going to the
buffers manually (which can be somewhat of a pain in a text terminal),
and unfolding them manually.  But of course the PROPERTY drawers,
LOGBOOKs, and other DRAWERs are still folded!

And then after I have jumped through hoops, and resolved the conflicts,
I realise I could have just switched to text-mode before invoking ediff!

Is there a way where I don't have to remember to switch the major mode
before invoking ediff[1]?  Or maybe an ediff experience where the
buffers are forced to unhide text.  I guess it should be possible to
just temporarily remove all overlays or invisible properties.

Any thoughts, ideas?

Did you see this thread:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-04/msg00400.html

??