Re: [O] Target and link text normalised to `orgtargetn'

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Target and link text normalised to `orgtargetn'
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 14:13:05 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 11:53:01PM +0200, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> >> Hi Rasmus,

> >> Seems to work nicely.  I'll keep using them rest of the week.
> >
> > Pushed.
> >
> > I removed support for radio targets as I don't really see the point in
> > those supporting custom labeling.  They are transcoded as
> >
> > <<<target>>
> > →
> > \hyperref{label}{target}
> >
> > It makes little sense to label be the same as target, though it probably
> > would not create problems.
>
> I don't see the point of this change. The naming scheme is internal
> anyway. Users are not supposed to use it directly.

Sorry, I don't think I quite understand.  AFAIU, targets like
<<interesting>> have to be unique even inside the Org buffer for links
like this to work: [[interesting][very cool]], regardless of export.  So
then why rename them during export?

> If you want \label{foo} in the output, you can write
> @@latex:\label{foo}@@.
>
> Targets are for Org links and are expected to work across all back-ends,
> so the problem they solve is slightly different.

How does the above solve the issue?  I was not having problems with
getting to export \label{foo}, my problem was what do I put as `foo'
since in the exported TeX file foo was different.

Hopefully I made myself clear, or I'm not misunderstanding something.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu