Re: [O] Bug: HTML export ignoring CUSTOM_ID properties

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: HTML export ignoring CUSTOM_ID properties
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 02:20:59 +0200

Hi,

address@hidden (T.F. Torrey) writes:

> With the latest from Git master, the HTML export ignores CUSTOM_ID
> properties for subtrees.  I've seen list traffic that the names of the
> export ID's are being changed, but this is not intentional, right?

It doesn't ignore it, but it is translate to a generic anchor as needed.
Previously, both a generic anchor and the custom_id would be inserted in
html.  E.g. for a headline with id "h1":

    <h2 id="h1"><a id="sec-1" name="sec-1"></a>

The problem is that we don't know that h1 is unique.

However, in html custom_id serves as an important measure to facilitate
css customization, e.g. on a section level-basis.

Thus, I think it is a bug, unless there is a better way to allow
per-section css. I will look at this later unless somebody beets me to it.

—Rasmus

--
Send from my Emacs