Re: [O] Could org-mode use `completing-read-function' instead of `org-ic

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Could org-mode use `completing-read-function' instead of `org-icompleting-read'?
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 16:10:07 +0200

Hi Oleh,

Oleh Krehel <address@hidden> writes:

> I was just trying to customize the completion back end for refiling (ido isn't
> great for that, even with the ido-vertical upgrade).  And it's not at all
> easy,
> since ido seems to be hard-wired into org-mode's completion.  Could we just
> change to use `completing-read-function' instead of `org-icompleting-read'?

I think it's nicer to use existing features/variables, but comparability
is also an issue.

Perhaps completing-read-function could be used if boundp in
org-icompleting-read.

Things like org-completion-use-ido as a separate variable rather than
ido-everywhere is also a bit annoying IMO.

Do you want to submit a patch?

—Rasmus

--
Send from my Emacs