[O] Hiding "blocked" TODO items

From: Nikolaus Rath
Subject: [O] Hiding "blocked" TODO items
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 20:18:09 -0700

Hello,

Is there a way to have TODO items "blocking" each other?

For example, if I have this document:

* TODO Pay water
  :PROPERTIES:
   :blocked-on: checks
  :END:
* TODO Pay electricity
  :PROPERTIES:
   :blocked-on: checks
  :END:
* TODO Get new checks
  :PROPERTIES:
   :id: checks
  :END:

Then I'd like the first two TODO items not to show up in the agenda
until the third one is DONE (but I don't much care if the items can be
manually switched to DONE or not).

I looked at org-depend.el but as far as I can tell, it only allows to
set up chains of dependencies, i.e. I could have "Pay Water" and "Pay
electricity" in state NEXT, and have a trigger in "Get new checks" that
would switch one, but not both, of the NEXT items to TODO.

Do I understand that correctly? Is there some other way to achieve what
I want?

Best,
-Nikolaus