Re: [O] [bug] Effort and column view

From: Myles English
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] Effort and column view
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 11:23:54 +0100

Hello,

Nicolas Goaziou writes:

>> Myles English writes:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I reported a possible bug a couple of weeks ago and since then I have
>>> notice related bugs in todays HEAD (that may have existed before).

I haven't reviewed that situation.

My original 'bug' was reported here:

>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/93312/match=myles
>>
>>> 1) The column view of TODO items only shows the total Effort at the
>>> top and the Effort for the last item,
>>>
>>> 2) The column view of the org-agenda (restricted to current buffer with
>>> '<', get list of todos with 't') only shows the Effort for the last item
>>> and the total Effort at the top shows the same value as for the last
>>> item
>>>
>>> 3) Narrowing by tag (the original possible bug reported) shows similar
>>> behaviour as above
>
> I saw the bug report, but didn't find time to investigate yet. Could you
> git bisect in order to know if some commit changed that recently?

This is now an old issue but I just did a little investigation and it is
likely that it has always worked this way, so is probably more of a
feature request than a bug.

I tried versions 8.2 and 8.2.9 and they both have the same behaviour.

I may have a look (in the next few months) to see if I can make it work
the way I would like.

Myles