[O] How to get inline python code to work with :session option?

From: Richard Stanton
Subject: [O] How to get inline python code to work with :session option?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 23:41:52 -0700

:session doesn't seem to play well with inline code blocks. For example, if I
press C-c C-c with the cursor in the middle of  the following inline code,

src_python[]{return 2+3}

it gets expanded to

src_python[]{return 2+3} {{{results(=5=)}}}

However, if I do the same with this code block,

src_python[:session]{return 2+3}

no results appear in the text buffer, and the mini-buffer displays the message
"Code block produced no output."

How can I get inline code to work with :session?

Thanks.

Richard Stanton