Re: [O] Org-Mode and Mac OS X advice

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] Org-Mode and Mac OS X advice
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 14:39:41 +0100

Hello,

On 2015-03-26 13:18, "Chris Willard" <address@hidden> writes:

> I am thinking about changing to a Mac from Windows and wanted to check
> that there are no issues with using org-mode in OS X.

I don't have any issue here.

> I would like to know what version of Emacs people use (e.g. Aquamacs)
> and also if there are any issues using org-mode on a Mac. For example,
> I export to PDF frequently so would like to know if I need any other
> software for this.

I no longer use Aquamacs as it was bundling too many things, so I now
use this version of emacs: https://github.com/railwaycat/emacs-mac-port,
which has great support for retina screens, among other
things. I install it using homebrew (http://brew.sh/), a very convenient
way of installing additional utilities.

Regarding LaTeX, I use MacTex (https://tug.org/mactex/), which is
basically texlive packaged in an installer.

Don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions.

Best,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7