Re: [O] Possible bug: Can not search for text in links - only descriptio

From: Randomcoder
Subject: Re: [O] Possible bug: Can not search for text in links - only description
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 01:45:05 +0200

Hi Rainer,

In terms of searching through all open buffers,
here is what I use (helm and helm-multi-occur):

,----
| (setq helm-M-x-requires-pattern 0)
|
| ;; http://emacs.stackexchange.com/a/740
| (require 'helm-regexp)
| (eval-after-load "helm-regexp"
|   '(setq helm-source-moccur
|          (helm-make-source "Moccur" 'helm-source-multi-occur :follow 1)))
| (defun my-helm-multi-occur-buffers ()
|   "multi-occur in all buffers backed by files."
|   (interactive)
|   (helm-multi-occur
|    (delq nil
|          (mapcar (lambda (b)
|                    (when (buffer-file-name b) (buffer-name b)))
|                  (buffer-list)))))
| (global-set-key (kbd "C-x C-p") (lambda ()
|                                   (interactive)
|                                   (helm-mode 1)
|                                   (my-helm-multi-occur-buffers)
|                                   (helm-mode 0)
|                                   ))
`----

There are other solutions to this such as org-velocity:

- http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-velocity.html
- https://github.com/Fuco1/org-velocity

Both helm + helm-multi-occur and org-velocity offer auto-complete
search functionality.

Best regards