Re: [O] Org entry to email

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Org entry to email
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 22:30:28 +0800

Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Is there something to automatically mark an org element and put it in
> an e-mail body ? This is something I am doing quite often and this
> would be really useful to me.
>
> Currently, I do M-h then M-w then open a new mail buffer and finally
> C-y into it. I'd probably write a macro for that, but, who knows,
> there can be a better solution ;-)
>
> Regards
> -- Xavier.

There's org-mime in contribute, if what you want is a text-plus-html
multipart email. I've also got a package in the repos called Gnorb,
which includes a command called gnorb-org-email-subtree, which does
pretty much what it sounds like: Exports the subtree at point into your
choice of format, and either pastes the resulting text into the email,
or attaches the resulting file to the email.

Eric