Re: [O] Internal Links with Spaces

From: Jacob Gerlach
Subject: Re: [O] Internal Links with Spaces
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 10:39:54 -0400

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 7:28 PM, John Kitchin <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think you need to set
>
> (setq org-id-link-to-org-use-id 'create-if-interactive)

Indeed, this is a variation of what Leo suggested and customizing
org-id-link-to-org-use-id is almost working for me...

Unfortunately, I want the links to export to latex using latex
\ref{}'s and section labels. A link stored with a custom id has to
have a description to have a reasonably readable org buffer, but links
with descriptions are exported using the headline text instead of the
section number. Is there a workaround for this?

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 4:50 PM, Jacob Gerlach <address@hidden> wrote:
> When exploring this, I found the function org-id-store-link. This
> seemed like what I wanted - it creates a custom ID if one doesn't
> exist, but it doesn't actually store a link (or at least, it wasn't
> available when I then ran org-insert-link). The docstring is pretty
> light, but it seems like this might be a bug. Is this the expected
> behavior?

After perusing the source code further, I think that my confusion
about org-id-store-link arose because this function isn't intended to
be called on it's own (it's called by org-store-link when appropriate
based on the value of org-id-link-to-org-use-id).

I've seen a double hyphen in function names to sometimes indicate
internal functions. Would this function be more appropriately named
org-id--store-link or am I misunderstanding the convention?

Regards,
Jake