Re: [O] Citation syntax: Underscore MUST(?) be allowed in cite keys?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Citation syntax: Underscore MUST(?) be allowed in cite keys?
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 10:18:22 +0000

On Tuesday, 10 Mar 2015 at 09:50, Rasmus wrote:
> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>> Since this one is not much more intrusive than the previous one, we
>> could as well drop @key in favor of @{key}.
>
> It seems like a moderately dear price to pay for everyone with "normal"
> citation keys...  It's better than @key-with-',?.'{}.

I agree.  I would rather type @key >90% of the time instead of
@{key}.  For me, the alternative is more than a moderately high price to
pay!

If we don't want a proliferation of alternative syntax, maybe we need to
impose the restriction already suggested of not allowing punctuation at
the end of a key.  Solve the problem upstream... and not have the tail
wag the dog!

But, of course, don't let this tail (me) wag the dog (the rest of you)
should the consensus be that the design is cleaner with @{key}.  I'll
manage!  :)

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org
release_8.3beta-843-ga5f1a3.dirty