Re: [O] [bug?] org-repair-property-drawers does not repair whole file

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: [O] [bug?] org-repair-property-drawers does not repair whole file
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 20:27:43 +0100

Hi Nicolas, org-mode developers and users,
* Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> [09. Mar. 2015]:
> Gregor Zattler <address@hidden> writes:
> I see invalid property drawers, e.g.,
>
>   > :PROPERTIES:
>   > :Xxxx: Xxx, xx Xxx xxxx xx:xx:xx +xxxx
>   > :Xxxx: Xxxxxxx Xxxxxx <address@hidden>
>   > :Xxxxxxx-XX: <address@hidden>
>   > :Xxxxxxx: XXX XXX - XX xx xx.xx.xxxx - Xxxxxx xx. xx:xx
>   > :Xx: Xxxxxx Xxxxxx <address@hidden>, Xxxxxxx Xxxxxx <address@hidden>,
> Xxxxxx  Xxxxxx <address@hidden>, Xxxxx Xxxxx <address@hidden>, Xxxxxxxxx
> Xxxxxxxxx  <address@hidden>, Xxxxx Xxxx <address@hidden>, Xxxxxxxxx Xxxxxxxx
> <address@hidden>, Xxxxxxx Xxxxxx <address@hidden>, Xxx Xxxxx Xxxx
> <address@hidden>, Xxxxxxxx Xxxx <address@hidden>, Xxxxxxx Xxxxx
> <address@hidden>, Xxxxxx Xxxxxxx <address@hidden>, Xxxxxxx Xxxxx
> <address@hidden>, Xxxxx Xxxxxx <address@hidden>, Xxxxxxx Xxxxx
> <address@hidden>, Xxxxxxxx Xxxx <address@hidden>, Xxxxxxxxx Xxxxxxxx
> <address@hidden>
>   > :Xxxx: Xxxxx XXXxxx,
>   >        xx xx.x.xxxx xxx xxx xxxxxxx Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx XXX.

[... 17 lines deleted ...]
>   >        Xxxxxxx
>   > :END:
>
> A property drawer can contain only node properties, and there is one
> node property per line.

As you might guess this part represents an email, the multi line
node being the message body.  How would one incorporate such
info in proper org-mode syntax?  Since as of now I do not query
the name=value pairs this is no strict necessity for me.

Is there a syntax checker for org-mode files?

> Ill-formed property drawers were not moved.

Thanks for your explanation and time spent, Gregor