Re: [O] Citation syntax: Underscore MUST(?) be allowed in cite keys?

From: Vaidheeswaran C
Subject: Re: [O] Citation syntax: Underscore MUST(?) be allowed in cite keys?
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 14:49:14 +0530

On Monday 09 March 2015 02:27 PM, Stefan Nobis wrote:

> IMHO keys with lots of ??? in them are a sign of a data problem.
> Therefore the author should solve the root cause.

@misc{center_for_history_and_new_media_zotero_????,
        title = {Zotero {Quick} {Start} {Guide}},
        url = {http://zotero.org/support/quick_start_guide},
        author = {{Center for History and New Media}},
        annote = {Welcome to Zotero!View the Quick Start Guide to learn how to
begin collecting, managing, citing, and sharing your research
sources.Thanks for installing Zotero.}
}

Not in the specific case that I cited.  The Bib entry is a pointer to
a website.  Insisting on a YEAR field for a website address seems a
bit absurd to me.  The problem is not the "data problem" but the
"problem" could be in the "the inherent nature of the object that is
cited".

My argument is: "Stock LaTeX exporter does it, so Org should also
follow suit".  This argument is difficult to beat without resorting to
vague generalities and hand waves.

When I discuss a problem with a specific example, I would like the
participants to pay attention to the DETAILS of the specific example
and make their comments relevant to the example being discussed.

If you had shared how I can configure Zotero to leave out the question
marks that would have been the most helpful comment from your side.

Anyways....