Re: [O] [RFC] Table's documentation -- a non patch proposal

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Table's documentation -- a non patch proposal
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 21:59:01 +0100

ML <address@hidden> writes:

>    finally I will give a first version not as a patch (my ideas
> implies some changes in section  numbering and I fear to break
> something as a non-texi user).

Thanks. Some comments follow.

> *First:*reorganization of Tables part
>
> 3. Tables
>
> 3.1 Tables operations

The following doesn't look like "table operations" to me. Maybe 3.1
could be "Table syntax" and merged with both "column width and
alignment" and "column groups".

They are not very long parts anyway.

3.2 could stay "The built-in table editor"

WDYT?

> 3.1.1 Table syntax
>
>     <here the introduction section of 3.1>
>
> 3.1.2 The build-in table editor
>
>     <...>
>
> 3.1.3 Column width an alignment
>
> 3.1.3 Column groups
>
> 3.2 The spreadsheet
>
>     <...
>
>          move "Named references" after "Range references"
>
>          swap "Field coordinates in formulas" and "Remote references"
>
>       ...>

OK.

> 3.3 Other functionalities

Is this new section really useful? It doesn't help much as a category.
I think "The Orgtbl minor mode" and "Org plot" can stay one level above.

> 3.3.1 The Orgtlb minor mode
>
>     <...>
>
> 3.3.2 Org-plot
>
>     <...>
>
> *Second:*  in (the new) § 3.1.1 add
>
>     A table can be named for references operations ( in other tables <link to
> "Remote reference in §3.5.1> or in source code <link to 14.8.2.1> ) babel
> Remote references) using #+NAME: option:
>
>     <here an exemple>
>
>     Furthermore, during export (see ...) a caption can be attached to the
> table using #+CAPTION: option :
>
>     <here an exemple>
>
>     <part "Image an tables" can be modified consequently>

Sounds good.

Regards,