Re: [O] [ox-ascii, bug?] aligning text withing footnotes

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [ox-ascii, bug?] aligning text withing footnotes
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 21:16:24 +0100

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> No.  In a normal paragraph when I do
>
> para1\\
>      para2
>
> The whitespace indentation is respected.  All I'm saying that when I do
> something equivalent in a footnote the amount of characters removed from
> the first list (typically 3: "fn:") should also be removed from subsequent
> lines.  E.g.
>
> [fn:1] http://orgmode.org/\\
>        http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/
>
> Becomes:
>
> [1] http://orgmode.org/\\
>        http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/
>
> But
>
> [fn:1] http://orgmode.org/ long text here
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/
>
> Becomes
>
> [1] http://orgmode.org/ long text here
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/

It is difficult to know the indentation of the first line from the parse
tree. Both

  [fn:1] http://orgmode.org/

and

  [fn:1]       http://orgmode.org

will appear as "http://orgmode.org"; anyway. We could compute it by
subtracting footnote's beginning position from paragraph's. However, we
cannot trust such positions as they might be fake, or even not there
(elements inserted right into the parse tree).

You can use a verse block to align properly links, if you want to.

Regards,