Re: [O] Citation syntax: Underscore MUST(?) be allowed in cite keys?

From: Vaidheeswaran C
Subject: Re: [O] Citation syntax: Underscore MUST(?) be allowed in cite keys?
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 00:48:47 +0530

On Thursday 05 March 2015 12:31 AM, Rasmus wrote:
> Vaidheeswaran C <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I am complaining about how org-element.el behaves.
>>
>> This [cite:@adler_how_1972] becomes this:
>
> Oh, you are right.  _ is only allowed as the first character, as you
> probably saw.  See http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/95609.
> I would tend to agree that this is problematic, but _ is itself
> problematic since it's the subscription character...  From
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/95631 I gather that key
> support is modeled after Pandoc, but AFAIK Pandoc *does* support _ as part
> of the key cf. http://pandoc.org/README.html#citations.

My refrain on Citation syntax thread has always been:

    The 3rd-Party Citation Tools are *very much* part of the what is
    being proposed.  Has someone built a prototype that _actually_
    interfaces with these citation tools to understand what the
    practical constraints are?

The workflow question I raised is very much in tune with the above
refrain.