Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 19:48:36 -1000

Aloha Aaron,

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> By way of illustration, Biblatex (AFAICT) doesn’t provide a possessive
> citation command, which was mentioned by someone in this thread (or its
> predecessor) as a desideratum.  I’d expect a savvy latex user to put in
> their preamble:
>
> \newcommand{\citeposs}[1]{\citeauthor{#1}’s (\citeyear{#1})}
>
> That doesn’t really work in org.  (It could be put together with an org
> macro, but would lose the kind of click-to-view functionality that
> org-ref already provides and which would be ported to the new syntax as
> well.)

#+name: define-citeposs-link
#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results silent :exports none
    (org-add-link-type
     "citeposs" 'ebib-open-org-link
     (lambda (path desc format)
       (cond
        ((eq format 'html)
         (format "(<cite>%s</cite>)" path))
        ((eq format 'latex)
         (format "\\citeauthor{%s}'s (\\citeyear{%s})" path path)))))
#+end_src

I haven't tested this, but I think it would work in Org mode.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye