Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 15:37:37 -1000

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> I have noticed tex4ht manages to do "proper" citations in odt.  Perhaps we
> can study the resulting xml and how it adds a entries.  Formatting is
> tricky...  Perhaps only zotero is useful here.

IIUC, tex4ht uses the dvi (device independent format of Knuth) file
produced by LaTeX.  Thus, it is able to take advantage of the work of
sophisticated citations managers built on bibtex.  I think of it,
perhaps naively, as a program that can be configured to generate dvi
drivers for odt, html, xml, etc.

hth,
Tom

--