Re: [O] Here is a patch I want to add to org.el……

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Here is a patch I want to add to org.el……
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 16:19:02 -0500

<address@hidden> writes:

> what if search for ‘org-remove-latex-fragment-image-overlays’ in org.el ?  I
> see it in the function ‘org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c’ (org
> 8.2.10)

You wouldn't see it if you were using the development version (aka the
master branch).

What Nicolas said is that that no longer happens in the master branch
of the git repo. The behaviour was changed with this commit:

,----
| commit 9e006d112839de127c7e48b5c3bd292111b307b0
| Author: Bastien Guerry <address@hidden>
| Date:   Sun Jul 27 19:44:40 2014 +0200
|
|     org.el (org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c): Don't remove LaTeX fragments overlays
|
|     * org.el (org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c): Don't remove LaTeX fragments overlays.
`----

You are on org 8.2.10 which is found somewhere along the maintenance
branch. The maintenance branch was split off the master branch at some
point in the past and has only been getting bug fixes since then: that's
its purpose in life. It explicitly does *not* get any other changes.
BTW, bugs in this context means "things that cause severe problems:
corruptions, crashes etc"; it does not mean "things that I don't like".
So this change was not appropriate for the maintenance branch.

If you want the modified behaviour, you need to install from git and use
the master branch.

HTH,
Nick