Re: [O] Embedding diagrams in Org

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Embedding diagrams in Org
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 09:00:55 -0800

On Tue, 24 Feb 2015, Eric S Fraga wrote:

On Tuesday, 24 Feb 2015 at 01:01, Marcin Borkowski wrote:

[...]

I have one question.

#+begin_src latex :results latex raw :exports results

Why ":results latex raw" and not ":results latex"?

I have no idea ;-)

I find, unfortunately, that getting babel to do what I want is somewhat
of an arcane art (for me) so once I get something doing what I want it
to do, I leave things alone...

 `:results latex raw' is equivalent to `:results raw'.

If you try C-c C-v C-i in your src block, you will get

,----
| Lang: latex
| Properties:
|       :header-args    nil
|       :header-args:latex      nil
| Header Arguments:
|       :cache          no
|       :exports        results
|       :hlines         no
|       :noweb          no
|       :results        raw replace
|       :session        none
|       :tangle         no
`----

So the result is processed by the exporter as `raw', which works ok as long as the exporter leaves the latex alone --- as in your case.

But sometimes is not what you want.

For example, a naked ~tildes~ will be marked up as \verb~tildes~ under `:results raw' or `:results latex raw', and as ~tildes~ under `:results latex'.

I'm sure it all makes sense but it's probably a case of my not having
the time to figure things out properly.  When I need to get something
done, it's often because I need it *now* (or yesterday :-).

Been there, too.

Chuck