[O] org-agenda-to-appt interactively with multiple args?

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: [O] org-agenda-to-appt interactively with multiple args?
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 07:57:17 -0500

So I've been playing around with org appointments and found the
org-agenda-to-appt function; but upon calling it, it loads my whole day into
the appointment queue. I have various questions, such as how I can view and
edit the current queue, but more importantly, I read the following as part of
the doc string:

    (org-agenda-to-appt &optional REFRESH FILTER &rest ARGS)

    Activate appointments found in `org-agenda-files'.
    With a C-u prefix, refresh the list of
    appointments.

    If FILTER is t, interactively prompt the user for a regular
    expression, and filter out entries that don't match it.

    If FILTER is a string, use this string as a regular expression
    for filtering entries out.

Now, is this function not primarily meant to be called interactively? Or, after
all these years in emacs, am I going to learn how to pass multiple args to an
interactive function? Because the fact is, I don't always want EVERYTHING in
the appointment list. I just want an alarm for those one or two things...

Sheepishly yours,
- Tory