Re: [O] [BUG] babel eval of emacs-lisp: orgtbl-to-orgtbl: Wrong type arg

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] babel eval of emacs-lisp: orgtbl-to-orgtbl: Wrong type argument: listp, t
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 10:43:38 -0500

> thanks for the explanation.
>
> Unfortunately my lisp knowledge is too limited to understand you.  As a
> naive org-mode user, if possible I do not want to be exposed to org
> internals error, especially the confusing ones, where the custom code
> works fine.  Maybe we can get a warning instead of an error?
>
> It is not a really big issue, a newcomer can be confused, if not scared,
> having an error on the fist babel usage.

I agree. Even for experienced people, this is pretty annoying. Something
as simple as

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
'((1 . nil) (2 . 3))
#+END_SRC

fails with a cryptic error. While this works fine. I would vote for a
fall-back to code or even a plain string in this case.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results code
'((1 . nil) (2 . 3))
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS: