Re: [O] how to get images support in Emacs on Windows?

From: Herbert Sitz
Subject: Re: [O] how to get images support in Emacs on Windows?
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 17:23:50 +0000 (UTC)

Ben <yfefyf <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Actually, I use few inline images. Most of my images are large.
They should be resized to look pretty on emacs. But to resize them I need to
build emacs with ImageMagick. And I haven't tried that yet.

Are you sure you need to rebuild Emacs?  On my Linux machine I run a
standard  version of Emacs 24.3 binaries that I got from the Linux Mint
repository.  It supports using (a separately installed) Imagemagick to
reduce size of inline images.  I can't get it to work automatically in
Org-mode, but I think that's because I need a more recent version of
Org-mode.  I'm running v.7.9.3f of Org-mode.

To test Imagemagick support I'm running the test code made available in this
post:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/90278

I think the original poster in that thread said he couldn't get it to work
in Org-mode until he had updated his Org-mode version.

-- Herb