Re: [O] [ox, patch] external compilation

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [ox, patch] external compilation
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 13:59:51 +0100

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> That's more or less what I do cf. the first post, namely
>
> # Local Variables:
> # eval:  (unless noninteractive (load-file "org-conf.el"))
> # End:
>
> [Which gives me the annoying prompt].

The solution I gave you doesn't prompt anything.

> With the dependency specified in an #+INIT or #+PREAMBLE or #+LISP-SETUP
> or whatever. For the sake of making ox export for arbitrary $1 " as easy
> as latex".  (Even better would be a dedicated binary: "ox --latex $1").
>
> I don't know if it's a security issue, and if you don't see a benefit from
> the above, I won't push further.

I don't see the point of adding a feature that will _only_ benefit to
other editors than Emacs.

Also, I have trouble understanding why you would need to switch init
file per document, instead of using, e.g., #+SETUPFILE.

To solve a portability issue, which is a related problem, then you don't
want to change init file for a give Org document, but instead attach it
to fixed set-up. We could work it out by defining a new file format
".borg" (for Bundled Org) containing both the init file and the
document, in a compressed directory (created, e.g., with
`org-assimilate').

Regards,