[O] How to get a column correctly formatted in Babel + R (w/ or w/o name

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: [O] How to get a column correctly formatted in Babel + R (w/ or w/o name)?
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 17:05:15 +0100

#+PROPERTY:  session *R*

* Source

#+name: table
| ID      | User1 | User2 |
|---------+-------+-------|
| 26/0163 | lrp   | nil   |
| 37/0001 | nil   | nil   |
| 37/0003 | nil   | nil   |

#+begin_src R :var df=table :colnames yes
df
#+end_src

#+results:
| ID      | User1 | User2 |
|---------+-------+-------|
| 26/0163 | lrp   | nil   |
| 37/0001 | nil   | nil   |
| 37/0003 | nil   | nil   |

We just checked that the table is correctly imported in R.

* First column (with name)

When I try to get the first column printed along with its name ("ID"), I have
troubles doing so...

#+begin_src R :var df=table :colnames yes
df[, 1]
#+end_src

#+results:
| x       |
|---------|
| 26/0163 |
| 37/0001 |
| 37/0003 |

#+begin_src R :var df=table :colnames yes
as.data.frame(df[, 1])
#+end_src

#+results:
| df[, 1] |
|---------|
| 26/0163 |
| 37/0001 |
| 37/0003 |

Here, maybe I'm lacking R knowledge?

* First column (without name)

Now, to get it without the column name:

#+begin_src R :var df=table :colnames no
df[, 1]
#+end_src

#+results:
| ID      |
| 26/0163 |
| 37/0001 |
| 37/0003 |

It's not much better, as I don't expect "ID" to be printed here!

Can you clear up things for me?  Bad R code?  Babel feature?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban