[O] External compilation

From: Rasmus
Subject: [O] External compilation
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 12:35:48 +0100

Hi,

I want to translate some documents to pdf.  I'm currently doing it with
something like this

    OX-FUN    = emacs --batch --no-init-file --load conf.el $1 --funcall $2
--kill
    OX-LATEX  = $(call OX-FUN, $1, org-latex-export-to-pdf)

But this is very limiting (I am told) as it require me to maintain a
Makefile.  It's not as easy as latex.

I can move the call to  Emacs as file variable s.t.

    # Local Variables:
    # eval:  (unless (or user-init-file (window-system)) (load-file "conf.el"))
    # End:

And export by calling:

    emacs --batch --no-init-file --eval="(progn (setq enable-local-eval t)
(require 'ox-latex))" $1 --funcall=org-latex-export-to-pdf

But this is kind of annoying as it disturbs opening the file

I tried to port my config to conf.org and let babel handle it, but
conf.org also defines the document class so I never get to the babel
evaluation stage.

Has anybody come up with a better method?

Ideally, what I would like would be to specify a per-file/project init
file.  Sort of like org-export-async-init-file, but as part of
org-export-options-alist to get the "init.el-dependency" inside the
Org-file.  It would be read when Org exports async or via batch.

—Rasmus

--
This message is brought to you by the department of redundant departments