Re: [O] [bug] Alignment bug in clock tables

From: Stormking
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] Alignment bug in clock tables
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 15:05:57 +0000 (UTC)

Nicolas Goaziou <mail <at> nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:

> Stormking <stormking <at> web.de> writes:
>
> > Wouldn't it be better to fix the alignment code so it works with
> > pretty entities? Because that's the real problem here.
>
> There are two problems here.
>
> One is obviously due to misalignment when using overlays.
>
> The other one is that \emph is not easily readable when
> `org-pretty-entities' is nil.

You are right but I always have pretty entities turned on, so
it doesn't bother me that much. Wasn't it changed to \emsp
(m-dash) so it would look better in exported HTML or LaTeX?

Otherwise, I would suggest something like \-- or \__

I just tested the alignment in a generic table. I have set \emsp
to be displayed as as dash ("-"). An explicit re-align of a table
containing this entity works, but the auto-alignment that
happens while you type does not.

Ciao, Stormking