[O] Org open link in new window

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: [O] Org open link in new window
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 06:35:53 -0500

Navigating through the labyrinth of org commands and wrappers, I've not been
able to find out if there's already a way to open a link (particularly a
footnote link) in a new window, so that I could retain my in-line location and
context while reading the linked/footnoted text. I realize this functionality
is probably out there, but I'm not seeing it in the manual section on links.
How can I open links in new window (splitting my screen)?