Re: [O] on the fragility of export to ODT

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] on the fragility of export to ODT
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 21:20:37 +0100

Hello,

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> At this point, I get very long data structures dumped to
> *Messages*...  difficult to figure out what is wrong.  It's often my
> mistake but tracking it down is difficult.

You're using an internal link to target a paragraph (possibly a image or
some such). This is apparently not supported yet by ox-odt (see
`org-odt-link--infer-description').

Could you try to find out the culprit and explain what you expected so
I can fix it?

> However, more importantly, the failure is complete and nothing is
> exported which does not help me at all.  It would be great if offending
> paragraphs (elements, objects, whatever) would be skipped over and the
> rest of the document generated.  Is this possible?

At the moment, I think it is better to fix the errors than to ignore
them. There are quite a few "FIXME" in ox-odt.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou