Re: [O] Why not push?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Why not push?
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 10:03:14 +0100

Hi Marcin,

Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> I don't want to be nitpicking, but I'm just curious.  I'm looking at the
> function `org-split-string'.  It uses (two times) the following
> construction:
>
> (setq list (cons (something) list))
>
> Is there any particular reason for not using `push' there?

IIUC, Emacs developers did not like needing

  (require 'cl)

in the packages' code base.  Not sure why (they did not like it, or why
they did not integrate such handy functions in the Emacs core).

And it seems to have changed.  They even have a lot of `cl-*' functions
now.

Though, for whatever reason, they don't have `cl-push', but well
`cl-pushnew'...

Not all that clear to me.

Best regards,
  Seb