[O] ox and links to equation

From: Rasmus
Subject: [O] ox and links to equation
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 01:27:10 +0100

Hi,

I have two issues with linking to equations.

Consider the following example:

    \begin{alinged}
    \Label{eq:1}
    \min f(x)\\
    \label{eq:2}
    \st  c(x)=0
    \end{aligned}
    Insightful comments on [[eq:1]] and [[eq:2]]

* Issue 1

If org-link-search-must-match-exact-headline is nil the links will work in
the buffer.  However, they will be discarded on export.  Eq:1 I can refer
to if I give the latex-environment a #+NAME, but I can't refer to eq:2.  I
think it should be possible to put in a link for eq:2.  I don't know if it
should depend on org-link-search-must-match-exact-headline or not,
probably not.

Any ideas how this could be solved and whether it's desirable solving?

* Issue 2 (ox-latex specific)

Since we now have amsmath in the org-default-package-alist I would like to
\eqref{·} to refer to equations.  The main difference is that it takes
care of the parenthesis automatically.  I.e. \ref{eq:2} → 2 and
\eqref(eq:2) → (2).  Also, mathtools works with \eqref, but not \ref.
However, in old document it could lead to ((2)).

I have a simple patch that hard-coded equation to \eqref, but I don't know
if a more general approach should be taken.  Or if it a filter issue.

—Rasmus

--
The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club